Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My 10 Year College Reunion

Last weekend was my 10 year college reunion. I didn't bring the camera for anything, so there aren't any spiffy pictures of the events. However, I did go into my backyard and take a picture of the portion of GAC campus that can be seen from my yard. Naturally, since I can see campus from my house, I had to drive for an hour to go to the reunion gathering.

Anyway, some highlights of the reunion:

  • I got to see most of the people that I really wanted to see.
  • Eli won a chair on Saturday.
  • Milena won a loaf of rye bread on Saturday.
  • I talked for a while with Jeff, a guy who was one of my best friends in fourth or fifth grade, when we played GI Joe and Star Wars. We went to a different junior high and high school, and didn't cross much at GAC, so there was a lot of catching up to do.
  • Big Tree and I mastered (for a loose definition of "master") two person, six ball juggling. And yes, it is important to count, even if you are only counting to one.
  • At the Friday reunion gathering, I won the award for Most Children. In my acceptance speech I was able to use the old, "I have four children with three different mothers" line. Nothing like an inapropriate joke among strangers to quiet a room.

No comments: