Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Geocaching with a Garmin Nuvi?

I was given a Garmin Nuvi GPS for my birthday. It's a cool direction device, which I desperately need to navigate in St. Peter. Here it guides me a few blocks away from my house.



I knew all about it's abilities in that regard. So the real question was this: Can you geocache with it? Well, it's pretty darn cool if you can get all the cache info, including hints and logs:



Hey, we're doing paperless geocaching!



Thankfully this was a super-duper easy cache. I'll have to work with some of the settings to see if this will function as well as the trusty old hand-held to find trickier caches. But paperless is a fun goal, and having the ability to load in tens of thousands of caches... that's kind of cool, too.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You will have to teach me how to use my Nuvi as a geocach machine. It seemed too complicated for me, but with instruction, I might be able to learn.