Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Going to State!

OK, I'm a little slow getting photos up from Saturday. Forgive me - it was the snow.

I'll have a bit more detail up later, but I'll start with the highlights - Koleman's First Lego League team did great. They placed second in their division at their tournament, and will be going to the State Tournament in January. Here's the proud team:



The plaque is an award they received for "Innovative Design". The team that had the top score in their division got the plain old "Design" award, because their robot was cool and worked. Koleman's team (the SquareBotz) got the "Innovative Design" award because they had some neat features on their robot, even though they didn't always work.



They were a little bit loopy.



The kids were super excited to make the State Tournament, since that was their main goal for the season. I was pretty sure they were going to make it, but I wasn't confident. It was a bit nerve-wracking right before they announced which teams were going to state - I knew that there were going to be tears if they didn't make it.

Here they are with another St. Peter team that is going to State. I bet you can tell the teams apart.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all of you, guys!!! You did a GREAT JOB!!

Scooter said...

Why did they make their robot so tall?

Congratulations!