Saturday, December 27, 2008

Latte Macchiato (maybe)

After our visit to Germany, where we were able to stay at the home of a brilliant Italian barista, our desire to make espresso drinks at home was rekindled. The barista and his wife sent us a stove top espresso maker, which was a great start. And then Scooter, having nothing but pity for us, gave us an old, unused 4-cup espresso machine.

And thus began my quest to make a latte macchiatto. After much trial and error, with a little email help from my Italian barista, I achieved perfection.



Look - a satisfied customer!



I too, can become an Italian barista boy!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Matt, Susan, Isabel and Penelope said...

Bel caffe! We will stop by for a caffeinated beverage next July.

klund said...

You had better!

Scooter said...

It's good to see that I can reward you for convincing my wife I need both a Wii and Rock Band 2. That looks like a very good cup of caffeine.

By the way, have you tried Boom Blox for the Wii? You can have four children (or one adult and three children) whipping balls at each other's castles at once. I think it was designed for your family.