Thursday, October 08, 2009

Byodo-In Temple

One of the more interesting sites we vistited in Hawaii was the Byodo-In Temple, near Honolulu. In the memorial park near the temple are many cemeteries which favor a different ethnic group or religion. I thought the Japanese area was the most pleasing.



Here is the temple. It's quite nice.



Lovely and serene.



Buddha is serene.



The koi were serene.



The black swan was serene.



The Zen Gardener with his Weed-Wacker of Death was serene.



The Russians were serene.



How did everything get so serene? By the ringing of the bell. Here is Michelle getting ready to ring the bell.



Now she is serene.



Since I know you want to be serene, too, I will include video of me ringing the bell. The sound of the bell will bring serenity to you.



Now you are serene.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

MeanMrMustard said...

Nice. Watched the video, instantly fell asleep at my desk. Too much serenity.