Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Terrible Underwater Photos

I mentioned that I took some terrible underwater pictures while snorkeling in Hawaii. It's true. For example:



It was a cool fish, I think.



The camera I used was a Fujifilm Quick Snap Waterproof camera. Which is probably a better camera if in better hands.

I mean, seriously, look at this terrible framing:



So, here were my problems, in retrospect.

Problem 1. I couldn't frame the picture properly. I know now that I was always aiming too high and to the right.



Of course, I can't possibly screw up the self portrait, can I?



Michelle barely makes it in the photo, though.



Fishies!



This picture would have been amazing, if taken properly!



Wow, it works out of the water, too!



If we were using a digital camera, this would be deleted.



Shark's Cove, from the water.



Again, terrible picture framing.



At least I can prove that we saw colorful fish.



Problem 2: Waves. Made it hard to stay still, and dirtied up the water. Some times were much clearer than others. I think this camera would work much better in calm, crystal clear waters.



Half a fish!



Part of a very pretty bright blue fish!



See? I told you they were terrible.

Problem 3: Me. I mean really, what did you expect?



Whee!



Let's just pretend that this fish was three feet long, OK?



OK, there you go.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Trophy Grandma said...

Hey, you shouldn't complain about your underwater pix. You were on vacation with the Love Of Your Life, in a nice warm place, snorkeling in nice warm water and able to TAKE the pix. You're way ahead of a lot of us.

klund said...

That's a very good point. You should get your husband to get a job so he can afford to take you someplace where you can take underwater pictures.

anner said...

I agree with Trophy Grandma. I also agree with you in regards to the "...get your husband a job so he can afford to take you someplace where you can take underwater pictures" statement. I admit Tanner already has a fine job, but he has informed me that I can go fill my kitchen sink with water and take pictures there. Maybe you can talk with him?!

Trophy Grandma said...

So, Anner -- What you're saying is that Tanner told you to go soak your head?????