Friday, October 09, 2009

More Hawaiian Religion

I've discussed a Buddhist temple. And a native temple. Now for the third religious site we visited in Hawaii - a Mormon temple.

Huh?

After our first breakfast in Hawaii, we were driving back to our cottage and saw a sign for the Laie Hawaii Temple. We thought that it sounded like a great cultural site so went for a visit. It was, in fact, a Mormon temple.

I'll give the Mormons credit for this - they've got style. This temple was easily the cleanest, most pristine site we saw on all of Oahu.



We couldn't go into the temple because we weren't cool enough. Of course, Mormons can't drink espresso drinks, so I think I'm OK with how things have turned out. Handing out flowers to young ladies is acceptable.



Here is my favorite part of the visitor center. A young female from the Phillipines showed us the current Mormon prophets. She has so much in common with them.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: