Sunday, April 20, 2008

Ben Folds!

So, I went to the Ben Folds concert at Gustavus last night (Ben Folds at Gustavus? Um, yeah.) Folds is fun to watch - he completely rocks out the piano, and nobody plays a better green plastic maraca. Of course I didn't have my camera, but my phone takes some extremely low quality photos, so here's what I have:



[Old people reading this blog - skip the next couple of paragraphs, because you're not going to "get it".]

He made pretty much everybody's day by performing one of his signature songs - a cover of a Snoop Dogg song that I can only print here using lots of asterisks: "B****** ain't S***". It was a beautiful thing as he had the whole crowd singing, "B****** can't hang with the streets."

Because, let's be honest, they can't. Many a tear was shed.

[OK, old people, you can start reading again.]

He played some songs from his as-yet-to-be-released album, which were all pretty good, especially the song about him falling off the stage in Japan and getting a concussion.

The opening act was a funky Minneapolis guy named Ari Herstand, who was one guy, multiple instruments and a loop machine.

OK, I've got to get ready for a birthday party now.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK, you were just being polite. You could have said, "mom and dad, skip over this since you won't get it"!